On 06/18/2018 10:28 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> With the previous policy, any issues for FESCo would be tabled for a meeting
> and announced on this list before the actual meeting. That gave a chance to
> the community to comment on the ticket and/or attend the meeting to join the
> discussion. Thus, the community had a chance to point out any issues with
> the submitted proposal before FESCo started voting.

I also share your concern, but I think in practice our new policy will
still enable us to discuss the controversial topics in a meeting because
it allows us to add the meeting keyword to controversial issues. Usually
the controversial issues become clear rather quickly. I think it's
reasonable for FESCo members to put the meeting tag on issues that end
up spawning large threads on devel. The policy's intention is to help
FESCo be more efficient with the "quiet" topics. Note also that a week
is required before the issue is approved, even if it does get +3.

I agree that FESco should read and weigh community feedback, and as a
FESCo member I do read the big threads to look for angles I haven't
considered. I think our plan should be able to cover your concern here.

I also believe we would be willing to reconsider this policy if it
doesn't work out in practice. We're really just looking for ways for us
to operate more efficiently here.