On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 2:42 PM Matthew Miller <mat...@fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:57:17AM -0400, Randy Barlow wrote:
> > I also believe we would be willing to reconsider this policy if it
> > doesn't work out in practice. We're really just looking for ways for us
> > to operate more efficiently here.
>
> For that matter, if a decision is made and it later becomes clear that
> it isn't working out, or didn't have enough broad community input, or
> whatever else, we can always revisit. I mean, we don't want to rehash
> things forever, but it's not like FESCo decisions get laser-engraved on
> titanium plates, either.

How about a once-a-meeting email to devel@ 24hrs before the meeting with
which tickets will be expiring as of that meeting? Might this give the best
of both?

* FESCo members can vote immediately (or not)
* email goes out
* community can review and decide to propose issue for discussion by
replying to the email or deciding to attend the meeting once a week as in
the past
* during the "agenda creation" portion of the meeting, concerned community
members can ask that XYZ issue be discussed and chairperson reviews any
email requested tickets, all issues now to be discussed marked with
"meeting" tag
* Community Member presents the case (either by pointing to issue comment
or by doing it real time)

I really want to see pagure allow for tags that non-project-members can
assign which would be a simpler way to solve the "email back to
chairperson" problem. Not actually sure if there is an RFE for this. Have
the same problem with the modularity-wg meeting-tag.

Langdon