On Wednesday, 03 October 2018 at 08:38, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Iñaki Ucar:
>
> > IMO, it would be easier for everybody if the mailing list could
> > automatically strip out the HTML part. Some projects do this (e.g.,
> > R).
>
> In many cases, the quoting in the text/html part is easier to read (it's
> clearer who wrote what) than in the text/plain part.

For me it's actually the other way around, because HTML part gets
processed by lynx. Quoting is marked by identation, which is not
automatically highlighted by VIM, while the > prefix in the text/plain
part is.

But that's beside the point. My point was about excessive and
unnecessary bandwith usage (the same information gets sent twice).

Regards,
Dominik
--
Fedora   https://getfedora.org  |  RPMFusion   http://rpmfusion.org