On 02/03/2020 12:48, Michal Schorm wrote:
I'm the maintainer of 'mariadb' & 'mariadb-connector-c' packages
(rpms) and also 'modules/mariadb'.
Recently, I discovered a 'modules/mariadb-connector-c' exists. Created
by my colleague years ago, discontinued in 2017.
This is correct - as we don't want it to build (anymore, most likely
ever). There is 'mariadb-connector-c' in base Fedora (rpms namespace)
and it should do all the job anyone would need.

But I got this e-mail, saying it was recently built again: [1] [2] [3] [4]

And it is very strange:
1) I don't know why I received the email (even though I'm glad I did).
I'm not a maintainer of the 'modules/mariadb-connector-c', nor
watching it (AFAIK).
2) I don't understand how the most recent release of the
'mariadb-connector-c' was built, since in the
'modules/mariadb-connector-c' repo, there's only versions from 2017
and last commits 2-3 years ago; but new release (rebuild from the same
branch but newer (rpms/...) commit *REQUIRES* new (modules/...) commit
).
3) In all history of MBS [5] there are only 2 builds of
'modules/mariadb-connector-c', #1462 & #1463.
    No recent build, no nothing.
3) It is tagged for the LibreOffice.
    I'd like to know *why* anyone would like to build
'mariadb-connector-c' themselves instead of using the one available.
4) I tried to search for the "libreoffice" module, but haven't found any ! [6]

At this point, I have no idea what's going on.
The only hint is a LibreOffice *flatpack* [7]
which mentions 'mariadb-connector-c' [8]
I haven't met flatpack before, so I don't know how it works (and
what's it good for), but still:
   A) I don't see the need to build the package again
   B) I don't understand why it would disguise so much as a Fedora
Module. That would be really confusing and misleading, if that would
be the case.

The nick in Subject is the author of the KOJI build and a maintainer
of the 'flatpaks/libreoffice'.
Hope he may confirm / disprove that he's responsible for the build and
some rel-eng or infrastructure member would explain why it behave so
weird ...

I assume whatever notification emails you get are a consequence of me doing a Flatpak-from-Fedora-RPMs build of LibreOffice (see <https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/flatpak/>, <https://src.fedoraproject.org/flatpaks/libreoffice>).

But I have no idea how/why building that LibreOffice flatpak would involve builds of a discontinued modules/mariadb-connector-c, or why you are getting confusing email. Maybe Owen (in cc) can shed some light on that?

[1] mbs/mbs.fedoraproject.org's
mariadb-connector-c-3.1.7-1.module_f31+8201+43134e23 completed
[2] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1470803
[3] mbs/mbs.fedoraproject.org's
mariadb-connector-c-3.1.7-1.module_f31+8207+96410d98 completed
[4] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1471050
[5] https://release-engineering.github.io/mbs-ui/modules
[6] https://src.fedoraproject.org/projects/modules/%2A
[7] https://src.fedoraproject.org/flatpaks/libreoffice