On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 at 07:32, Michal Schorm <msch...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Can you please brief me really quick on how does the flatpack work
> from maintainer POV? (what does it need for build / creation; what
> does it need for runtime )
>
> If the flatpack uses the packages from base Fedora;
> 'rpms/mariadb-connector-c', which I'm the maintainer of probably sent
> me the email to notify me, that someone somewhere built the package -
> which would be expected.
>
> Anyway, that doesn't clarify to me why the builds looks so much like
> module builds.

The build system usually has to leverage whatever currently works and is
available to make whatever new thing people want to work. That new thing
then gets leveraged into the next new thing with multiple layers that would
make MC Escher and Rube Goldberg proud.

I believe that Flatpacks use the container buildsystem which then relies on
parts of the module build system and some other items to accomplish their
tasks. How each of those deliver emails would depend on what tool emailed..
it might be the build system itself or it could be some part of the FMN (no
idea what that stands for today) which saw a fedmsg which matched a filter
you are marked to get.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.