On 02/03/2020 13:30, Michal Schorm wrote:
Can you please brief me really quick on how does the flatpack work
from maintainer POV? (what does it need for build / creation; what
does it need for runtime )

If the flatpack uses the packages from base Fedora;
'rpms/mariadb-connector-c', which I'm the maintainer of probably sent
me the email to notify me, that someone somewhere built the package -
which would be expected.

What should happen is that rpms/mariadb-connector-c, branch f31, is built in a way suitable for inclusion in the resulting LibreOffice flatpak. (At runtime, that LibreOffice flatpak will run against a Fedora 31 flatpak runtime, but which does not include mariadb-connector-c used by LibreOffice, so the LibreOffice flatpak needs to bundle that.)

Anyway, that doesn't clarify to me why the builds looks so much like
module builds.

Presumably because the fedpkg machinery to build such flatpaks leverages the module-build infrastructure.