On 3/2/20 14:15, Michal Schorm wrote:
That new thing then gets leveraged into the next new thing with multiple layers
that would make MC Escher and Rube Goldberg proud.
Awesome :D ...

TL;DR:
I don't need to investigate it further.
I was afraid of rouge Fedora Module builds, which actually didn't happen.

If flatpack needs to rebuild everything for them again, it's a pity
(from the infrastructure load POV), but I'd guess there's no other way
currently.

Yes. Flatpaks have two components: a runtime flatpak and an app flatpak.

For the Fedora flatpak runtime we reuse existing rpm builds and just
ship them in a different format. This is possible because runtimes use
/usr prefix, same as regular Fedora rpms.

For extra libraries that app flatpaks need that are not part of the
runtime, those we rebuild for the /app prefix for each app, using the MBS.

What you were seeing here were some libraries getting rebuilt for
inclusion in the libreoffice flatpak. They are part of the libreoffice
module. We can't use the existing rpm builds because they are built for
the wrong prefix (/usr vs /app).

--
Kalev