On 25. 03. 20 18:45, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
Indeed, she recommended that the ideal situation is for us to avoid
conditionals where possible and instead use Recommends: for things
that are not strict requirements. This would benefit Fedora as well,
since people could trim their installs down to their needs.

Technical problem: No BuildRecommends.

Legal problem:

Currently, "broken recommends" (i.e. recommending stuff that isn't in Fedora) is forbidden in Fedora for legal reasons:

https://pagure.io/packaging-committee/issue/914#comment-607130

It is also forbidden to recommend something that used to be in Fedora 31 but got removed in Fedora 32, from a Fedora 32 package:

https://pagure.io/packaging-committee/issue/914#comment-607154

As far as I understand this, it means it is also forbidden to recommend a "Fedora only" package from ELN. Because ELN is a different version than rawhide.

Whether it is allowed to recommend a non-RHEL package from a RHEL package, that I don't know, but I assume the same logic applies.

--
Miro Hrončok