I suppose it's ironically suitable that my first attempt to send the
following failed because I wasn't actually subscribed to the list...

Matthew Miller <mat...@fedoraproject.org> writes:

> We’re missing people
> --------------------

I will just make the point that, when you make this switch, you will be
missing people as well.  Projects that switch to forum systems, to a
great extend, go dark for people who aren't immersed in them all the
time.  Keeping up with fedora-devel takes very little of my time;
keeping up with Discourse instances is a much slower affair.

I know I'm a grumpy old-timer, but I see this move to forum systems as a
powerful force putting projects into silos and isolating them from each
other.

Now get off my lawn, it's time to go watch Lawrence Welk...:)

jon