On Fri, 2023-04-21 at 11:00 -0400, Solomon Peachy via devel wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 04:55:00PM +0200, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> > I agree there's a huge lack of netiquette in Fedora's mailing lists,
> > with wholesale quoting, top-posting, subjects not being updated, etc but
> > changing mediums seems far more expensive than asking people to post
> > emails that are easier to read.
>
> Not to mention these problems won't go away just because it's now hosted
> on a web page..

Well, not because it's hosted on a web page, but a more structured
system *does* address a lot of these problems. A lot of what you're
referring to as "netiquette" is really about putting the onus on each
individual user to do stuff that a more sophisticated system could
handle for them, and a system like discourse *does* handle those. You
can't top-post on discourse. Renaming topics works in a much saner way.
You can deal with 'cross-posting' in a much saner and more flexible
way. Quoting is always a problem everywhere, but that's only *one*
thing, at least. :D
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA