On Fri, 2016-10-14 at 20:19 +0000, Ian Clarke wrote:
> I posted a question to Reddit about how we can internationalize a
> Github Pages
> site, there are a few answers already:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/github/comments/57gjpj/what_are_bestpractices
> _for_localization_of_a/
> Thoughts?

You've had our thoughts already; either:
- use the static-generator to produce different versions of the content
(what we're doing at the moment)... but since there's no content-
negotiation it won't work as well as it used to...
- use a javascript library (we suggested https://pontoon.mozilla.org/ ;
on reddit they suggested http://i18next.com/ )

In any case the result is inferior to the current solution. It will:
- require user-interaction (and an ugly UX element) to switch language
(for those without JS)
- require JS if you want to guesstimate what the user wants (but that
will always be slower since you'll have to make the determination before
- require cookies/local storage if the choice is to be persisted across
sessions

Florent