Something is not clear to me. What is exactly going to happen in edit
mode when you select an attachment ?

If the plan is to let the attachment tab behave exactly as it does in
view mode (which is to actually upload the attachment and save the
document) I'm really not a big fan of this. If we support attachments
in edit view it should not send anything until we click save.

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 9:41 AM, Vincent Massol <> wrote:
> [...]
>> always a pain because I use applications in full size mode. I'm sure I'm
>> not the only one so I'm not fond of having it as the only way to upload
>> attachments.
> For the sake of the discussion, also note that there’s another option. Don’t
> leave the view page when editing (ie. inline editing) and just replace the
> view area by an edit area. And find how to display the page syntax and
> include/display references in the UI.
> The nice part is that it 1) it saves a reload of the UI (good for perf) and
> 2) it feels more snappy and no context switching for the user (better
> usability).
> If you remember this was a proposal done a very long time ago by Jean-Vincent
> Drean (tried to find the thread again but didn’t succeed).
> Thanks
> -Vincent
>> Thanks,
>>> There are some problems with docextra, because it contains comments, which
>>> are mostly needed in view mode, not in edit. So in edit mode, we would need
>>> just some tabs from docextra. But I'm not sure that adding docextra now
>>> will fix the underlying problem of the issue.
>>> The issue was trying to fix the attachments uploading limitation of the
>>> editor. The problem is that the editors (including CKEditor) are
>>> advertising that they add images and not other file types. If users want to
>>> add a PDF they might be confused.
>>> Ideally the users would just need to drag&drop a file and we would insert a
>>> displayer depending on the dragged type (viewer for PDFs, gallery for
>>> multiple images, image macro for single image, etc.)
>>> Also even if in CKEditor the drag&drop option for images is permitted,
>>> nobody knows about it. And currently CKEditor has the limitation to allow
>>> dragging just images and not other types (dragging an image inserts it,
>>> dragging a text file does nothing).
>>> Other thing to consider is that for Groupware flavor, where we promote
>>> applications, we hide the docextra, since this is not so relevant for
>>> application entries. Hidding docextra creates
>>> and
>>> .
>>> So, a conclusion: I'm not sure adding #docextra in the edit mode is the
>>> best solution, especially since we try to make the interface more simple
>>> and we usually hide docextra also from view.
>>> An idea would be to better mark in the Edit mode that Drag&Drop is
>>> permitted (at least for the CKEditor - the wiki mode will still have the
>>> same issue). Have a drag&drop behavior also for other file types, not just
>>> images (for text files we could create a link for the attached file, etc.).
>>> Plus have a link to manually go to the attachments viewer as a backup (by
>>> fixing the 2 additional issues mentioned). The problem will still remain on
>>> wiki mode, but let's say those users are more advanced and know how to use
>>> viewers (although consistency between the edit modes would be ideal).
>>> Thanks,