Am 15.10.2013 11:25, schrieb Walter Bright:
On 10/15/2013 1:50 AM, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
Am 14.10.2013 23:19, schrieb Walter Bright:
On 10/14/2013 6:25 AM, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
I'm also getting random missing symbol linker errors with both dmd
2.063.2 and
dmd 2.064. But only on 32-bit windows. On 64-bit windows it works fine.
This is really frustrating...

Is it possible you are linking together code compiled with different
command line -version or -debug switches?

I dind't change anything on the build setup. And it worked with dmd
2.062. Is
there now different mangeling depending on the -version and -debug
statements?

dmd now assumes that templates instantiated by a library module are
actually in the library.

But if code is turned on and off with -version or -debug command line
switches, and different switches are used to compile the library than
the importer, then the templates instantiations may not be in the library.

The funny thing is, its not a template. Nothing fancy at all. Just a struct with two members. And the linker complains that the __init member of that struct is missing.

Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D6thBase6plugin8ScanPair6__initZ

Also the library and importer are compiled with exactly the same -debug and -version switches.

I did setup a dustmite reduce process but its going to take a few hours for that to complete.

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut