On Friday, 18 October 2013 at 06:36:43 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-10-17 22:35, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:

- Walter is still not tagging the beta releases by the file name (it's always dmd2beta.zip). I've complained about this several times and IIRC someone else did as well at dconf (maybe I'm remembering wrong
though). They should at least be named as "dmd2_064_beta1.zip",
"dmd2_064_beta2.zip". And all of them should always be available for download (including visibility on the download page), so people who do not use Git or build manually from master can quicky check whether a
regression was introduced in a specific beta version.

Please make it "dmd.2_064_beta1.zip" and "dmd.2_064_beta2.zip" instead. This will automatically make it compatible with DVM. The important thing here is "dmd.<whatever>".

IIRC, Walter wanted that file to always be named dmd.zip or dmd2.zip or whatever, in order to allow a permanent download link, while guaranteeing the file to be the latest version of the tool.

In this case, I think the best compromise is simply to have the latest version download-able either as dmd2.zip and as dmd2.<version>.zip.