On 10/18/13 7:08 AM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
On 10/18/13, eles <e...@eles.com> wrote:
IIRC, Walter wanted that file to always be named dmd.zip or
dmd2.zip or whatever, in order to allow a permanent download
link, while guaranteeing the file to be the latest version of the
tool.

This is the wrong approach. There should be a "latest_beta" file which
holds the name of the latest beta zip.

Correct, the latest beta is a link to the actual numbered file.

Speaking of which, insisting on using .zip files is another beef I
have with Walter. The whole "everyone on Windows is stuck in the 90s"
mentality is plain wrong, especially for programmers. 7zip (or Peazip
or whatever) should be part of every modern programmer's toolbox.

I don't think that makes a large difference. Probably the better thing to do is trimming the contents of the archive.

I'll come back with a reply to the longer message.

Andrei