Le 11/01/2014 18:23, Paulo Pinto a écrit :
Am 11.01.2014 14:30, schrieb anthonyb:
On Friday, 10 January 2014 at 21:50:50 UTC, TC wrote:
they lack modern features and portability and if I will be in position
to choose UI framework for multiplatform business app, I will end up
with Qt 5.x for sure.

C++ remains the best tool for that job (Qt 5.x). And unfortunately, i do
not have many hopes that it will change soon.

It will, but not in the direction most people would like.

 From what I can get from Qt conference videos since version 5 came out,
QML is the way to go, with just performance critical parts still done in
C++.

--
Paulo

I work every day on an application written in C++ with Qt and QML. The core of the application is written in C++ without Qt and only the GUI is in QML, some additionnal wrappers are necessary to inject data of the core application in QML.

We have no performance issues with QML.

Saddly for the moment I can't talk more about this application since it was not already released, but it's typically an application where performances are critical.

Like with every script languages you need to do things with carefulness and avoid to put application logic in it.

It's our experience give us the idea to do something similar in D, cause a lot of things can be better than with Qt and C++.