On Friday, 14 March 2014 at 01:19:11 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Yah, I meant HOW MUCH would make the amounts interesting?

That's hard to say, but something around 5x larger would be enough for me at least to start doing D bugs instead of taking more PHP contracts - that'd put the bounty into decision /shaping/ territory instead of just being a bonus on top of an already-made decision because then it might be a viable sum of money to cover my bills in the time it takes to do it.

Though, of course, if it sits idle in the review queue for a year, that'd be a problem too.

I think a good move regardless would be to write up the review criteria and link them right from the readmes so authors know what they'll be expected to do and reviewers know what to look for. Then new reviewers can come on and just follow the procedure instead of deferring to the (already overloaded) handful of people who know what to do in their heads.

This isn't a bad start:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

but could use a lot more fleshing out