On Wednesday, 28 May 2014 at 05:30:18 UTC, Philippe Sigaud via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
I did a translation of most of the code in the slides.

http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/72b5cfcb72e4

I'm planning to transform it into blog post (or series). Right now it just has some scratch notes. Feel free to let me know everything I got wrong.

That's a good idea. I think most of us did that while listening to the talk. I kept telling myself: 'oh wait, that'd simpler in D' or 'that
does not exist in D'.

As for the class inheritance problem, I'd also be interested in an answer.

When he explained why C++ inferred a const int type as int, he tripped me up because D does drop const for value types. But D does the simple to explain thing, may not be the expected thing (seen questions about it in D.learn), but it is simple to explain.
              • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Craig Dillabaugh via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Simen Kjærås via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... safety0ff via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Alix Pexton via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Regan Heath via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Scott Meyers' DConf 20... Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d-announce