On Tue, 27 May 2014 22:40:00 +0100, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

On 5/27/2014 2:22 PM, w0rp wrote:
I'm actually a native speaker of 25 years and I didn't get it at first. Natural
language communicates ideas approximately.

What bugs me is when people say:

    I could care less.

I've always assumed some sort of sentence finishing laziness on their part. As in, "I could care less, but it would be pretty hard to do so" or something like that.

          • Re: Scott... w0rp via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Craig Dillabaugh via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Simen Kjærås via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... safety0ff via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Alix Pexton via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Regan Heath via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Scott Meyers' DConf 20... Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d-announce