On Thursday, 12 June 2014 at 21:51:28 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
A few things I'd really like to hear back on, if anyone can give them a go:

... obviously I have tested the above myself, but "Works for me"
is not a valid quality control strategy ;-)

The other thing I'd really like to know about is how the
effectiveness of stuff like sample and cover is affected by the
transition to classes.  For RNGs I doubt it will be much, because
one tends to allocate and initialize the RNG quite high-up in the
application and then pass it to the internals.

By contrast something like sample() might well be called
extensively in various inner loops of the program, and the fact
that each call involves a class being allocated could be
problematic in terms of triggering the GC.