On Monday, 9 June 2014 at 18:09:21 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
I think that hap.random fixes certain fundamental design issues with std.random. However, this needs to be put to the test "in the wild", so I'd really appreciate it if as many people as possible could try it out with their code, and report on the experience:

   * Does it run faster, slower, etc?

   * Do any undesirable memory allocation issues arise?

* Is the API (broadly similar but not identical to std.random)
     pleasant to use?

I realized that it ought to be possible to allow a more direct drop-in replacement for std.random by adding static opCalls to the classes which were previously structs.

Thoughts on this, in favour, against ... ?