On 2 October 2014 08:00, Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 1 October 2014 at 20:03:11 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>>
>> This a very unpleasant experience you get compared to sticking to LTS or
>> up to date distro
>

> Erm, upgrading to the latest version is exactly what I want, old version is
> of no interest to me. I read, one can reorient aptitude to latest repository
> and update everything, but I was told it won't work.

Doesn't Linux Mint provide an upgrade facility for you?  Looks to me
that you have gone with the wrong distro of choice. ;)

Upgrading by using apt is doable, but from what you've demonstrated
about your knowledge, I wouldn't recommend it to you.

> So the question is how to update kernel and everything else?

http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2

If your /home is on a separate partition, just download the latest LTS
iso and do a fresh install.  Only thing to note is that when it comes
to partitioning, you must absolutely not destroy your /home unless you
want your personal files gone.  :)

Iain.