On Thursday, 2 October 2014 at 12:06:16 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
On Thursday, 2 October 2014 at 11:40:31 UTC, eles wrote:

Well, it looked popular and easy.

Sorry. It's just that everything that glitters...

Can I upgrade my mint to lmde?

I doubt. At least, not easily. However, installing LMDE should be a one-time process (it's a rolling distribution).

Alternatives are: Arch Linux, Debian Testing and a couple of others. Anyway, most of the release-based distribution (Mint is a special case) support upgrading, even if not rolling distributions (for example, Ubuntu).

I have not much experience with Mint (none, in fact), but even in the case of a full and disruptive upgrade they should preserve your settings and documents. However, I disclaim responsibility as I don't know how it works.