I am just stumbling over adding class objects to an array:

I get an error when trying to add class objects to an NSArray because e.g. NSString.class does not conform to ObjcObject. There is some functions in the API that require arrays of class objects, e.g. in NSPasteboard:

NSPasteboard pb = NSPasteboard.generalPasteboard() ;
NSArray classes = NSArray.arrayWithObjects(NSString.class, NSAttributedString.class, null) ; NSString pbItem = cast(NSString) pb.readObjectsForClasses_options(classes, null).lastObject() ;

Sure, there are other functions in NSPasteboard, and readObjectsForClasses_options is not the only way to get the pasteboard items, but a great convenience in given settings.