On 2014-11-07 13:12, Christian Schneider wrote:

Jacob, thank you very much for your reply and explanations!

I get EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) for both NSString and void * if I use the
declaration you suggested.

What exactly are you doing with the string when you get the EXC_BAD_ACCESS? Also, can you reproduce the issue in an program just printing this variable with NSLog?

In the case for notification string constants, when I log it in
Objective-C, it just equals to "NSApplicationDidHideNotification", so
these could be simply redeclared for such strings, but that's not very
stylish and against the basic idea, i guess.

Yeah, that's not pretty, it should work like in Objective-C.

--
/Jacob Carlborg