On Tuesday, 13 January 2015 at 14:08:58 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
I've started writing a weekly D newsletter. Here's the first issue, any feedback welcome!

http://arsdnet.net/this-week-in-d/jan-12.html

In the future, I intend to have it written by Saturday for a weekend release, so if you want something to appear this week, please try to get it to by before then.

I have a comment which might apply to any effort called "This Week in..."

My suggestion is to keep a very lighthearted attitude towards the idea of it being "This Week". Almost tongue-in-cheek. While it's no doubt a service to be able to provide publications on such a regular basis, there is a very small bus factor here (knock on wood!). That being the case, there will inevitably be weeks, or even longer where no issue of "This Week in..." appears. For people who take the title too literal-mindedly, there might be a sense of emptiness or even anger when for a given week, you're simply not able to put together the issue, for whatever reason or reasons, good or bad.

That said, I think it's a great title, actually. So long as it's always published with a tongue in cheek attitude, and with the idea that "This Week" really means "the amount of time since the *last issue* of 'This Week...'!" So long as everyone knows that whatever shenanigans occur between one issue and the next, "This Week..." will always arrive with the same humor about what it is and how often it actually appears. In other words, humor replaces what might be an overwhelming responsibility to actually publish the thing "as designed". :-)

I'm only speaking from my own experience regarding consistency and motivation for something without a lot of institutional backing.