On 19/03/2015 14:45, Trent Forkert wrote:
On Thursday, 19 March 2015 at 11:18:29 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
Semantics analysis you can get by simply opening .d file in CDT
project is very limited compared to opening dub project because it
can't know the import paths for dependencies or pretty much anything
about project structure apart from opened file. This isn't much.

Exactly.

It seems you are right that it *is* limited, but it shouldn't be. CMake
emits include/import paths into the project structure. I had thought it
emitted into .project, but evidently emits into .cproject. If DDT
supported a .dproject I could also emit, I could get it to work.

DDT does support a .dproject ... it's called dub.json ! ;)

I'm dead serious here though. Why would I invent my own file format to describe source folders and include/imports paths when dub.json does that already?? It would be silly to use anything else. If you absolutely don't want to use DUB to build things, there are ways to disable the DUB builder, as mentioned before in this thread, and this way you'll use dub.json merely to describe the import path structure of the D project.

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros