On 17/03/2015 23:45, Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
I also couldn't launch GDB and debug the example 'hello world' app
under Windows. Are there more steps to make this work?

If you're using DMD, that simply doesn't work at all. GDB doesn't understand any of the debug formats DMD outputs (COFF/MSVC or OMF), and it likely never will.

GDC for Windows is not maintained.

As LDC for Windows, I haven't tried it recently. Last time I tried it, debugging support wasn't working ( http://forum.dlang.org/post/qsttkqzbtnhyrogek...@forum.dlang.org ). However may be that has changed recently? I dunno about LDC itself, but I've tried the Rust compiler for Windows, and although a bit buggy, basic debugging support was working: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RustDT/RustDT/master/documentation/screenshots/sample_debug.png
So the same should be possible for LDC as well!

Note: I try to collate this information in http://wiki.dlang.org/Debuggers , although perhaps "Debugging support" should listed by platform, instead of "by compiler".

If you absolutely must use DMD/MSVC toolchains, well there might be some hope int the future, since work is being done on LLDB such as to be able to debug MSVC executables: http://blog.llvm.org/2015/01/lldb-is-coming-to-windows.html (LLDB has an interface emulating GDB, and as such should integrate with Eclipse and other GDB UI frontends)

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros