On Friday, 27 March 2015 at 04:24:52 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 3/26/2015 7:06 PM, weaselcat wrote:
vibe has (experimental?) green threads, doesn't it?
I don't keep up with vibe, so I may be wrong.

I don't know, but if it does have good 'uns they should be moved into Phobos!

It does, and it should. In fact, I'd consider it massive selling point for D if it were; "you want easy Go-like concurrency? D has that too". Right now, it's available easily for writing servers: just use vibe.d. But it'd be great if the concurrency was available without depending on the rest of the library.

I see no difference between "go func" and "runTask()". "select" might be a different matter, though, I don't know.

Atila