On Sat, 2015-03-28 at 12:58 +0000, Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> It does, and it should. In fact, I'd consider it massive selling
> point for D if it were; "you want easy Go-like concurrency? D has
> that too". Right now, it's available easily for writing servers:
> just use vibe.d. But it'd be great if the concurrency was
> available without depending on the rest of the library.
> I see no difference between "go func" and "runTask()". "select"
> might be a different matter, though, I don't know.

I need to be convinced that the concurrency and parallelism model of
vibe.d is in fact equivalent to that of goroutines, currently I would
say they are very, very different.

Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.win...@ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: rus...@winder.org.uk