On Thursday, 16 April 2015 at 06:43:25 UTC, Suliman wrote:
Could anybody wrote very simple tutorial, that show how to use any popular C/C++ lib without binding? I mean step by step manual.

Also it would be nice to get binary builds for Windows to test.

Sorry for the wait.

So Calypso still can't load the MSVC C++ standard lib. I thought Kelly managed to build some STL examples but actually it's not remotely possible yet. The main blocker is that template instances often depend on each other (but not in their entirety) which cause forward reference errors in DMD.

However it works with MinGW-w64, but this wasn't remotely straightforward either, I had to modify Clang to make it detect correctly the MinGW paths (which are hardcoded in Clang and obsolete):

- install mingw-w64, in the installer choose 4.9.2, DWARF exceptions and POSIX threads
 - download http://homo-nebulus.fr/dlang/Calypso_mingw-w64.7z
- extract the archive over the MinGW root directory (where the bin/, etc/, etc. folders lie)
 - correct the paths in /etc/ldc.conf
- add Z:\path\to\MingW\bin to your PATH environment variable in your System settings (e.g follow: http://geekswithblogs.net/renso/archive/2009/10/21/how-to-set-the-windows-path-in-windows-7.aspx)

Then you can build the examples in tests/