On Friday, 25 September 2015 at 12:09:01 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2015-09-24 16:46, Atila Neves wrote:

That's not been my experience at all using reggae. I only do incremental builds now and have never run into a problem. Can you give an example?

Here's one old post [1] that describes the problem. I'm not sure how much of it still applies today.

[1] http://forum.dlang.org/thread/h8ddc5$1h67$1...@digitalmars.com

I wasn't around in 2009 so I don't how dmd was then.

How does one compile 3 files "at the same time" and generate 3 object files? There was a reference to a -multiobj option in that post but that's not even in the man page.

Even if it exists and works as I assume it does, it seems to me to be a silly way to compile files. As Andrei mentioned at DConf this year, the D idiom is to group source files per package when compiling. That's what reggae does by default for D files. It just works.

Atila