On Friday, 25 September 2015 at 22:12:49 UTC, anonymous wrote:
On Friday 25 September 2015 23:27, Atila Neves wrote:

How does one compile 3 files "at the same time" and generate 3 object files? There was a reference to a -multiobj option in that post but that's not even in the man page.

dmd -c foo.d bar.d baz.d

Huh, I didn't know that. I guess I've always used the `-of` option. Unsurprisingly, so does reggae. Which means that incremental compilation is no longer an issue.

Aside from the template instantiation issue, I don't see how doing a package at a time is better than compiling exactly those files that need to be compiled.

There have been threads about this before. It turns out that compiling per file is usually slower than compiling the whole package/app at once. It's not intuitive, but it's true (I measured it myself). reggae has an option to compile per-file but I haven't used it since switching to per-package once.

Atila