On Sunday, 8 November 2015 at 14:22:38 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Sunday, 8 November 2015 at 14:14:23 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe wrote:
With a codebase like phobos, compiling in several steps isn't a bad solution. But I am building a parser using pegged, and splitting up the grammar into different modules feels like a no-no. It's an option though.

Note that you can still used pegged in a stand-alone style with just saving generator output in a separate module and building it with project in a separate step. This means losing one of main advantages compared to using 3d party generators but if you hit the memory limit hard it may be the only option for now.

You mean instead of mixin(grammer(`...`)) I write the output of grammer(`...`) to a file and include that into the final build?

That might be a nice idea once I make a dub package out of it; to presupply the generated parser instead of eating up user's mem.

Thanks.