On 12/29/2015 10:20 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Tuesday, 29 December 2015 at 14:26:48 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
Okay, I remember you saying something a bit different on IRC (at least
to my understanding).

Well, I'm still a bit iffy on it, to attach a name I used the first
member of the enum which might not pass review muster in dmd itself, but
you could also probably just generate a random name for it.

Actually, I think dmd *does* generate random names for anonymous enums
internally anyway. I know it does for structs and functions etc.

dmd could probably get away without a name too, since it doesn't care
about SEO and linking, whereas I do.

Then why document it? If it's for SEO, what SEO scenarios woukd be
covered by this feature that can't be done with simple workarounds? --
Andrei

The names are for anchors.
E.g. go jump to the comment / enum members.

  • Re: Better docs for D (WIP) Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Better docs for D (WIP) Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Better docs for D ... Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Better docs fo... Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Better doc... Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Better... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: B... Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... default0 via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... default0 via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... default0 via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Bastiaan Veelo via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce