On 12/28/15 3:15 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
http://dpldocs.info/

Inspired by the php docs, I also have it able to search direct from a
URL. Click this:

http://dpldocs.info/findSkip

The signature proper is nice. The formatting of "&&" in the constraint is inconsistent, but I guess that's a matter with the formatting of the code.

The vertical spacing post "Parameters" of http://dpldocs.info/findSkip is annoying. So we have a healthy vertical space between the "Parameters" and "haystack" headings - fine - then a dinghy space between "haystack" and the type, then again a large space between the "Type:" and the description.

I think types should be massaged with the parameter names. Also the type of the return value should be massaged with the heading "Return Value" and the valign of the return value's description should be the same as for the parameters, so we have:

========
Parameters
((vspace 1))
R1 haystack
((hspace 1))The forward range to search in.
((vspace 2))
R2 needle
((hspace 1))The forward range to search for.
((vspace 2))
Return Value (bool)
((vspace 1))
((hspace 1))true if the needle was found, in which case haystack is positioned after the end of the first occurrence of needle; otherwise false, leaving haystack untouched.
========

etc.

Ideally most of these things would be adjustable via css. Even some of the text (e.g. "Return Value" etc.) would be in a perfect world part of the css (there's that property "before" or something).

Essentially it would be fantastic if the docs contained the semantic info and the formatting would be entirely shipped to css.

Andrei

  • Better docs for D (WIP) Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Better docs for D ... Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Better docs for D ... Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Better docs fo... Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Better doc... Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Better... Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: B... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce