On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 15:54:24 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 01/05/2016 10:15 AM, bachmeier wrote:
The problem is not that my PR was (for practical purposes) rejected. As an academic I deal with both sides of peer review all the time. The problem is that I was forced to put so much time into it just to make a
suggestion. With Adam's project, I can send him an email with a
suggested change, and he can do as he wishes with it. It will take two
minutes of my time.

I agree that the best aspect of Adam's system is Adam.

Andrei

Yes, and because its lots of effort flowing into something that D is usually very fond of: Simplicity. I remember looking at a part of the documentation and wanting to suggest a change of wording in a few sentences, since I felt like they didn't convey information clear enough, but after seeing that I would have to somehow best-guess my way through tons of macro syntax without clear indication on where to look for explanations of anything I bailed. Not about to spend half a day or a day to suggest changing three sentences and be told that they were fine as is. Sending Adam an E-Mail is something I totally would've done though :-)