Hey all,

I'm proud to announce that MSVC is fully supported now for LDC trunk. Rainer Schuetze has implemented MSVC-compatible exception handling (available since brand-new LLVM 3.8) for LDC, so that we have fully working exception chaining now on Win64. Along the way, he also added 32-bit MSVC support and a TLS alignment bugfix for Windows < 8.1 (a Windows bug/wontfix!). It requires a bleeding edge LLVM though, as Rainer's work has uncovered a few LLVM bugs which didn't make it into 3.8 final. So a round of applause for Rainer and the LLVM devs, excellent job, thank you very much! Full PDB support for LLVM is also underway...

CI testing with AppVeyor has been improved, so that the full test suite is run for both x86 and x64 MSVC targets. All tests pass except for 3 rather negligible issues (see https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/1354#issuecomment-198572582 for details).

The automatically updated GitHub release (http://wiki.dlang.org/Latest_LDC_binaries_for_Windows) now also includes a downloadable 32-bit LDC build.

Wiki pages have been updated accordingly. Check out http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_and_hacking_LDC_on_Windows_using_MSVC if you want to start contributing too! Setting up the dev environment isn't that hard, I promise. :)