On Tuesday, 3 May 2016 at 06:23:51 UTC, Yura Sokolov wrote:
On Monday, 2 May 2016 at 15:29:15 UTC, Jeremy DeHaan wrote:
Hi everyone!

I'm a little late to the party as far as my announcement goes, but I have been busy reading code and doing research for my project.

[...]

Great! That is what should have been done long time ago.

I'm pretty sure, if you implement just precise heap scan (and lock removal), it will be already huge win.

I agree, but a precise heap scan should be the easiest part of this project. Rainer Schuetze has already implemented this and presented it at a dconf a few years ago(2013?). My plan is to use that since I know it works, and that frees up my time to focus on pretty much everything else.
  • GSoC 2016 - Precise GC Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: GSoC 2016 - Preci... Yura Sokolov via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: GSoC 2016 - P... Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: GSoC 2016... Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: GSoC ... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: GSoC ... Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... deadalnix via Digitalmars-d-announce