On Tuesday, 3 May 2016 at 16:44:32 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:

I don't remember all the details, but I'm pretty sure that Rainer, or maybe someone else, was talking about how a precise GC is not completely possible in D because D has unions.

Discussed in this thread (among others)
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/bzcatcalqsxqvptxl...@forum.dlang.org
  • GSoC 2016 - Precise GC Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: GSoC 2016 - Preci... Yura Sokolov via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: GSoC 2016 - P... Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: GSoC 2016... Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: GSoC ... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: GSoC ... Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... deadalnix via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... thedeemon via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Pham via Digitalmars-d-announce