On Tuesday, 3 May 2016 at 19:05:22 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 May 2016 at 18:15:20 UTC, Jeremy DeHaan wrote:

I am reading a paper on how one could use extra information about what was last assigned to a union in order to scan them precisely. I haven't read the whole thing yet, but it looks like it could be done.

Not sure if it is something I can get to in the course of my project though. Scanning only unions conservatively is still pretty good.

Does it matter that @safe code does not allow unions of pointers and non-pointers?

I'm not sure, but one would thing that @safe code wouldn't need any extra information about the union. I wouldn't know how to differentiate between them though during runtime. Probably someone with more experience with the compiler would know more about that kind of thing.
  • GSoC 2016 - Precise GC Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: GSoC 2016 - Preci... Yura Sokolov via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: GSoC 2016 - P... Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: GSoC 2016... Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: GSoC ... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: GSoC ... Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... deadalnix via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... thedeemon via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Pham via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Leandro Lucarella via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: GSoC 2016 - Preci... Dsby via Digitalmars-d-announce