On Friday, 6 May 2016 at 09:06:59 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
On 06-May-2016 05:37, Jeremy DeHaan wrote:
On Wednesday, 4 May 2016 at 12:42:30 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
On Wednesday, 4 May 2016 at 02:50:08 UTC, Jeremy DeHaan wrote:

You can identify safe functions with
https://dlang.org/phobos/std_traits.html#isSafe
or
https://dlang.org/phobos/std_traits.html#functionAttributes

All I meant was that I don't know enough about what the compiler does with built in types to make this work. It almost sounds like we would need a safe union and unsafe union type and do some extra stuff for the
unsafe union, but I'm just starting to learn about this stuff.

I'd note that a union without pointers doesn't hurt precise scanner, it's only the ones with pointers that are bad.

Union is an user-defined-kind value and only user codes can tell the difference. I believe this will also effect the reference count implementation. I suggest that when a type has a union member, it should create a function such as gcValues with a parameter of output range of record (offset: size_t, type: typeid). the function should return that info based on whatever the actual value of those pointer types. If that function is missing, use conservative approach as before

Cheers
Pham
        • Re: GSoC 2016... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: GSoC 2016... Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: GSoC ... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... deadalnix via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... thedeemon via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Pham via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: GSoC ... Leandro Lucarella via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: GSoC 2016 - Precise GC Dsby via Digitalmars-d-announce