On 6/15/16 1:42 AM, Jason White wrote:
On Monday, 13 June 2016 at 20:12:27 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 6/12/2016 4:27 PM, Jason White wrote:
I don't understand this dependency-phobia.

It's the "first 5 minutes" thing. Every hiccup there costs us maybe
half the people who just want to try it out.

I suppose you're right. It is just frustrating that people are unwilling
to adopt clearly superior tools simply because it would introduce a new
dependency. I'm sure D itself has the same exact problem.

In all likelihood. One issue with build systems is there's no clear heir to make. There are so many, including a couple (!) by our community, each with its pros and cons. Which one should we choose? -- Andrei