On Thursday, 16 June 2016 at 12:32:02 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
On Sunday, 12 June 2016 at 20:47:31 UTC, cym13 wrote:
Yeah, I have often thought that writing a self-contained D program to build D would work well. The full power of the language would be available, there'd be nothing new to learn, and all you'd need is an existing D compiler (which we already require to build).

What about Attila's work with reggae?

Reggae still needs a prebuilt reggae to run the build script.

The idea would be to build reggae with the system dmd first (since having a D compiler is now a pre-requisite), then build dmd, druntime and phobos.

There are no extra dependencies except on the reggae source files. Again, that's the idea, at least.

Atila