On Saturday, 7 January 2017 at 19:55:30 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
On 01/05/2017 11:00 AM, Basile B. wrote:
I don't known what did you decide in intern but when the discussion between users was hot (just after version 2.071.1 I think) I've proposed
that:
https://github.com/BBasile/DIPs/blob/3d5e3f81c541c6e23c69555a230b4d42a7bb6de6/DIPs/DIP8484.md

This is superfluous by now. We figured that allowing access to private fields wouldn't clash with important optimizations, so it can be allowed
via traits.
The visibility of allMembers was adjusted in
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6078.
All access checks will go away once the visibility changes have been fully deprecated. So far those changes were adopted fairly slow (not even phobos has fixed them all), hence we haven't yet switched over to
the new visibility semantics.

-Martin

Awesome!

I tried to write a whole-module reflection tool, but was unable to finish satisfactorily due to the requirement that code actually be included in the module itself in order to reflect all it's members.