On 10/12/17 1:48 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
On Thursday, 12 October 2017 at 04:22:01 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I added a tag for iopipe and added it to the dub registry so people can try it out.

I didn't want to add it until I had fully documented and unittested it.

http://code.dlang.org/packages/iopipe
https://github.com/schveiguy/iopipe

If you plan on using it, expect some API changes in the near future. I think the next step is really to add Windows support for the IODev type.

Might be able to help you on that using WinAPI for I/O. (I assume bypassing libc is one of goals).

That would be awesome! Yes, the idea is to avoid any "extra" buffering. So using CreateFile, ReadFile, etc.

Dmitry hold off on this if you were going to do it. I have been looking at Jason White's io library, and think I'm going to just extract all the low-level types he has there as a basic io library, as they are fairly complete, and start from there. His library includes the ability to use Windows.

-Steve