On 10/16/17 4:56 PM, Martin Nowak wrote:
On Monday, 16 October 2017 at 19:36:20 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
Dmitry hold off on this if you were going to do it. I have been looking at Jason White's io library, and think I'm going to just extract all the low-level types he has there as a basic io library, as they are fairly complete, and start from there. His library includes the ability to use Windows.

Meh, not that I had mich spare time to actually do anything ;)

Might help by reviewing what you have there.

Started to work on unbuffered I/O, had it in mind for quite a while already.

Is the plan to put this into Phobos? If so, I would put it under std/experimental/io. However, if not, it should not be std/io.

Looks like it has all the stuff I had for my basic io type (and I see you have scatter read/write, that will help), so I will migrate iopipe to depend on it. I was thinking about using Jason White's io library, but I haven't seen him around in a while. Plus if this is going into Phobos, it would be the best thing for me to use.

Will pitch in when I can.