On Thursday, February 22, 2018 09:42:47 Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d-
announce wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 February 2018 at 22:54:43 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 10:19:03PM +0000, John Gabriele via
> > Digitalmars-d-announce wrote: [...]
> >
> >> Thanks. Is the point to be able to string a bunch of selective
> >>
> >> imports together, as in:
> >>     import pkg.mod1 : sym1, sym2, pkg.mod2 : sym1, sym2,
> >>
> >> pkg.mod3 : sym1;
> >>
> >> ?
> >>
> >> That's difficult to read; it's hard to see the difference
> >> between the commas that separate the symbols vs the commas
> >> that separate the modules+symbols groups.
> >
> > Yeah, personally I'd avoid writing it that way too.  But
> > obviously enough people like this syntax to push it through.
> > *shrug*

> I'm going to a) never write these imports and b) pretend this
> feature doesn't exist.

Me as well, but unfortunately, if someone uses it in code that you have to
deal with, then you can't completely ignore its existence, which is why the
argument that "it shouldn't matter if a feature is added that you don't want
to use, because you don't have to use it if you don't want to" is bunk. Once
a feature is in the language, it affects you even if you never use it. :|

- Jonathan M Davis