On Thursday, 22 February 2018 at 10:07:40 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Thursday, February 22, 2018 09:54:17 Uknown via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
On Thursday, 22 February 2018 at 09:48:20 UTC, Jonathan M Davis

wrote:
> [...]

Which is why we should not let it pass. Why didn't this feature go through the usual DIP process?

All I can say for sure is what was said in the PR linked in another post:

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6589

Based on the comments in the PR, Walter initially opposed it because he didn't like how it looked, but he said nothing after that. However, later, Andrei comments on the PR and thought that it was simply a fix for the current syntax and that it didn't need a DIP and thus approved it. I have no idea if he talked to Walter about it or not, but there is nothing in the PR to indicate that Walter ever changed his mind.

Heh, I just looked at who voted for and against in the first comment, by pressing and holding each icon, and it shows Walter voting both for and against it! :D