When i hear Go, you hear uniformal, fast, simple syntax language.
When i hear Rust, you hear safe, manual memory management.
When i hear D, you hear ... ... ... ...

I usually hear awesome meta-programming and ranges.

I think D community had put lot of effort in making these things work because (1) these are cool (2) increases expressive power. Unfortunately at the detriment of tooling and libraries.

I think we should put a stop to adding new features in D2 at some point and focus on stability, libraries and tools.

Can't wait to see how the road map looks like for 18H1.